In talking with business owners, finding and keeping great employees is a challenge many of them have shared, no matter the industry or the size of business. With Oklahoma's low unemployment rates, it is an ongoing problem.
Because of this need, the Northwest Oklahoma City Chamber has put together a special workshop, " is set for Friday, May 4 from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM at , located at 3810 N. Tulsa Avenue, about 1 mile west of I-44 & Hefner Parkway.
MORE INFORMATION or REGISTER HERE
The event is part of , a time set aside to recognize small businesses for their achievements and assist with their efforts as an important part of our economy.
The event will feature three principal speakers including former Oklahoma Speaker of the House , now president of Bank2 and recognized as a national leader on culture and diversity. , president of Sandler Training Oklahoma and author of Motivational Management will open the day speaking on “How to find and Hire Super Stars”.
Eight breakout sessions presented by legal and policy experts will discuss issues include:
- - As the director of one of only 13 federally designated Veterans Educational Transitions Success Centers in the country, SNU's will share success stories and things employers should know. We'll also hear from a representative from the VA.
- - Having many different views represented as decisions are made strengthens all businesses. with Bussett Legal Group and with Freedom Oklahoma will discuss this issue.
- The Why Hiring Felons might Make Sense for your Business - with the OKC Metro Alliance will present on this topic.
- - From ICE to timekeeping & wage policies and more, small businesses are no longer exempt from many laws and regulations they used to be. will present.
- . What you need to know about having gun-free or gun-friendly business policies and what your business needs to do to prevent / prepare for an Active Shooter Situation .
- - Having smart policies in place can help keep you from making a costly mistake - and attorneys with Ogletree Deakins.
- Protecting your Assets - from fines to lawsuits, insure you won't lose your business because of a careless error, presented by Mike McPeak, McPeak and Associates.
- What do changing Marijuana Laws mean for Your Business? - presented by Blake Johnson, attorney with Crowe & Dunlevy.